A very modern trend is using concrete in the kitchen, and this actually has a lot of potential. Concrete can be used for a minimal look, a modern look, or it can also be used as a traditional look as well.
You can use concrete to replace a number of different kinds of materials. Also, concrete will allow you to really use your creativity because not only can you use recreate old trends but you can also make your own twist. Concrete will allow you to straddle the lines between innovation and keeping it traditional, which is pretty amazing when you think about it.
If you want to use concrete for a traditional appearance, then you will want to keep into mind some aspects. For example a cottage that was remodeled recently has a big concrete wall that is curbed and a counter that uses concrete that will separate the kitchen from the living room. And coupled with a stainless steel sink, glass tiles as the backsplash, and traditional plate holders in the cabinets, the look really looks like a fusion of traditional and modern, which is quite amazing.
So if you want to use concrete in your kitchen, what are the different options available to you? Check out these different combinations:
1. You can go with natural grey, or earth ton colors. Do not use colors that are bright.
2. It is important to keep the thickness of the countertop to be anywhere from 2.5/2” to 5”/2”.
3. You will have to have some inset panels in the front face of your countertop; this will help reflect your cabinet doors. These panels will need to be around 3/8” deep and around 1/3” from the height of your front face.
4. You can add mosaic tiles that are grouped into fours, but make sure they are separated by a 1/4” to 1/8” spacing.
5. You can line your sink using marble or even tile.
When you are planning on using concrete countertops, it is always a good idea to add some accents. The concrete will look good, with some accents, so just keep that into mind. And if you want you can add your own touches, but the beauty of concrete is that it will look good no matter what you do. So if you want to have a traditional kitchen with a modern twist, then you will not be able to go wrong with using concrete countertops.